Monday, June 25, 2007

Catherine's 6 stone success!


Introducing another amazing success story, and what a success she is! Just over a year ago Catherine was weighing in at over 17 stone and decided enough was enough. A disability had meant that Catherine had become a wheelchair user a few years ago, and as a result, she gained quite a lot of weight.

"My weight gain began when my legs suddenly stopped working properly. I had previously used up most of the extra calories from my not-very-healthy eating by walking everywhere. But when I became a wheelchair user, I no longer worked those calories off. I started to comfort eat because of my unhappiness with the extreme change in my life, and that added to my weight gain."

Now weighing in at a trim 10 st 9 lbs, Catherine has achieved a total weight loss of an amazing 6 st 9lb, and with a BMI of 24, she is well within the healthy weight for height range.

Catherine’s weight had started to become a problem before she joined our plan. "I was getting too big to fit into a lot of my clothes, and being so fat was very uncomfortable. It was also difficult to push myself around in my wheelchair when I was so heavy."

When Catherine signed up with us she found that the plan really suited her lifestyle. "I didn’t want to be weighed in front of a roomful of people every week, so being able to weigh myself in the privacy of my own home was a big plus for me."

She also enjoyed the meals and recipes on the plan. "I don’t have to worry about calorie counting – I just eat what it says on my meal plan! The shopping list is a great idea and it makes life much easier knowing what to buy each week. I've also discovered some tasty recipes which I intend to continue using once I have reached my goal weight!"

Catherine’s family and friends are amazed at her progress! "I have had so many compliments from family and friends. It has been a big confidence booster. Most people are stunned when I tell them I’ve lost over 6 st! My GP is very happy with me too!"

With a new wardrobe and newfound knowledge about healthy eating, Catherine is determined that she’s going to maintain her weight loss! "I am very happy with my weight loss and it's great to be able to get into beautiful clothes again and feel sexy. Over the last year I have educated myself and I have learned about what my body needs to stay healthy. I am particularly proud that I have achieved this weight loss almost solely by controlling my diet."

"I would certainly recommend this plan to anyone - in fact, I have already mentioned it to several of my friends who want to lose weight. I think it is a sensible and healthy way of dieting, and I am certainly proof that it works!"

No comments: