Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Model's Secret (Beauties Beauty Tips)

What happens when you gather some of the world’s most divine beauties under one roof? They share beauty tips, of course.

Indian supermodels show us just how they do it back home, but not without packing their favourite beauty products for the journey.

Ami Vashi - Femina Miss India World 2003


Beauty secret :: I do Yoga which helps me calm down, because stress always affects beauty. Which is why my skin is kept in good condition and not spotty. Why leave it for foundation to sort it out when you can just have a clear complexion to start with?
Magic product :: Every girl needs her kajol. But you need to know how to apply it otherwise you damage your eyes – don’t share sticks, kids!
Handbag essential :: St Ives hand cream, it keeps my hands very soft.Can’t live without :: My cleanser, to keep my skin clean and fresh.
Must have :: My lip-gloss. Lips are good for the look and the spirit. If your lips are feeling gorgeous and full, you will want to smile more.
Beauty tip :: Drink lots of water. It’s cheap, cheerful and thankfully nowadays, considered chic!

Gauhar Khan - Former Femina Miss India


Beauty secret :: If you are beautiful, you are beautiful, that’s all there is to it. There’s no big secret. All make-up can do is enhance what you’ve already got. For a magic transformation, you’ll need a cosmetic surgeon not cosmetics!
Magic product :: MAC products and Body Shop body butter cream are amongst the greatest things that have ever been invented. After the wheel and, perhaps, penicillin!
Handbag essential :: Perfume. I have so many I can’t choose. Issey Miyake is usually the one that suits my mood the most. Or at least at the moment.
Can’t live without :: My face powder from Maybelline.
Must have :: As in what product could I not live without? I don’t think any product is worth killing yourself over. If there is such a thing, it’s probably best not to know what it is!
Beauty tip :: Drink eight glasses of water daily.

Shonali Nagrani - Femina Miss India International 2003


Beauty secret :: Don’t smoke, eat lots of fruit and vegetables and avoid late nights. Beauty products help you improve your natural beauty, so it helps if you look good to start off with.
Magic product :: Aloe vera gel, it’s great for the skin. I can’t stress how important good skin is.
Handbag essential :: My gloss. A girl just can’t sparkle without it…Can’t live without :: My transparent mascara – it’s natural to the point where it almost looks real.
Must have :: Aromatherapy oils, it always helps me relax and be calm.
Beauty tip :: I regularly take B-complex vitamins to keep my skin looking radiant.

Tina Chhatwal - Former Femina Miss India


Beauty secret :: My fitness training. A lot of models will tell you they don’t need to do a single thing to look as good as they do, but come on! If you want something to look good you’ve got to take care of it.
Magic product :: Neutrogena face wash, keeps me spot free. There’s nothing more depressing than a visible spot, nothing more magical than making it vanish.
Handbag essential :: CK perfume, lip gloss from Body Shop and my MAC studio fix.
Can’t live without :: My lip gloss. Your mouth is so important – you smile with it, talk through it, kiss with it – your lips are the most inviting, enticing part of your face.
Must have :: Mineral water.
Beauty tip :: Use good products, moisturise your skin well, drink lots of water and eat fruits.

No comments: